Thursday, May 26, 2016

China Roses

If you would touch me
take me in the summer
when my hair smells like
the wind blowing through it
you will like the scent and feel
of my skin sun warmed
learn I can laugh
with the grass silky between my toes
my mind running free as the horse
I lost before I could outgrow him
I fear the same for you
so take me in the greening heat
while I still need the moisture
of your lips and tongue
if you wait too long
it will be autumn
when I lost my mother
before I could outgrow her
like those china roses I forgot to send
that bloom for nothing
having missed their season

#writer #writerslife #writing #author

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Thought You Liked Me.

That was Savvy's soft reply when Avery, her older sister, asked to please be left alone to read her dragon book in peace and quiet.  Tha...